Al-Amin Hossain fined for ``abusive`` send-off to Warner in World T20 match
Sydney: Bangladeshi fast bowler Al-Amin Hossain has reportedly been slapped with a fine for abusing Australian opener David Warner during the two teams` World Twenty20 Super-10 clash on Tuesday at Dhaka.
Al-Amin, who bowled out Warner, almost chased the Australian off the field and giving him a few choice verbals as he celebrated in his face.
According to News.com.au, after the match Al-Amin was fined 15 per cent of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct, relating to `using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting`.
The report mentioned that Al-Amin pleaded guilty to the charge and accepted the sanction proposed by the match referee, who said that celebrating the fall of a wicket should be done in a manner which is not abusive or disrespectful to the opponent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees