Al-Amin Hossain fined for ``abusive`` send-off to Warner in World T20 match
Sydney: Bangladeshi fast bowler Al-Amin Hossain has reportedly been slapped with a fine for abusing Australian opener David Warner during the two teams` World Twenty20 Super-10 clash on Tuesday at Dhaka.
Al-Amin, who bowled out Warner, almost chased the Australian off the field and giving him a few choice verbals as he celebrated in his face.
According to News.com.au, after the match Al-Amin was fined 15 per cent of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct, relating to `using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting`.
The report mentioned that Al-Amin pleaded guilty to the charge and accepted the sanction proposed by the match referee, who said that celebrating the fall of a wicket should be done in a manner which is not abusive or disrespectful to the opponent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing