BCCI to be represented by secretary Sanjay Patel
Mirpur: With most of the top BCCI officials busy with preparations for the Indian Premier League, the Cricket Board will be represented at the ICC World T20 final tomorrow by its secretary Sanjay Patel, who reached Dhaka this evening.
Whether Interim president of the BCCI-IPL Sunil Gavaskar would be present during the final could not be confirmed.
Gavaskar`s manager, however, said that there are no plans of the former India captain as of now to attend the event.
Incidentally, Patel is a `lucky mascot` for Team India as he was also present during the final of the Champions Trophy in Birmingham. At that point of time, he had just been appointed the interim-secretary.
English woman cricketer `proposes` Kohli via twitter:
English woman cricketer Danielle Wyatt has no clue about who Anushka Sharma is but he definitely had the micro-blogging site twitter abuzz as she proposed marriage to India`s top batsman Virat Kohli. 22-year-old off-spinner Wyatt, who is not a part of England`s current women`s T20 team, has played 32 ODIs and 50 T20 Internationals for her country.
Yesterday, she tweeted: "Kholi (sic) marry me," and had the twitter world abuzz. A few fans reminded her that Kohli is rumoured to be dating Bollywood actress Sharma. She was not ready to give up and replied, "nah, he ain`t".
Wonder if her doosras can fox a dasher like Kohli!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt