Bowlers will do better as T20 is a different format, says Yuvraj Singh
Kolkata: Veteran batsman Yuvraj Singh today defended the poor show of the Indian bowlers in the Asia Cup, citing new field restrictions as one of the reasons, but hoped for a triumphant return to form in the upcoming ICC World T20 in Bangladesh.
"Our bowlers have had a problem of restricting the opposition since five fielders inside the circle rule has come, but T20 will be a different format and I am hopeful that they will do well," Yuvraj said today on the sidelines of Punjab`s Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-final against Railways.
The all-rounder is working hard on his left-arm slow bowling and expects to contribute with the ball too.
"I have been working hard on my bowling and would like to deliver during the World Cup".
Yuvraj, who is a part of the Indian squad for the World T20, hoped that India`s power-packed batting line-up will do well at the mega event.
"We have players who can really do well in the last five to 10 overs. Myself, Mahi (Mahendra Singh Dhoni) Raina, Rohit and Virat are all capable of winning matches. We have a powerhouse of a line-up," Yuvraj told Star Sports during an interaction.
The left-hander, who will always be remembered for his six sixes off a Stuart Broad over during the inaugural edition, is expecting a "cracker of a contest" against arch-rivals Pakistan in the opening game on March 21.
"It will be great entertainment as Indo-Pak match will be a cracker of a contest," Yuvraj said.
Yuvraj was all praise for his state team skipper Harbhajan Singh, terming him a "legend in Indian cricket".
"The entire Punjab team looks upto Bhajji. Anyone who has played 100 Tests and has taken 400 plus wickets is a legend of the game," he said.
However, Yuvraj felt that the Punjab team that was thrashed by Railways today needed to improve.
"We are repeating some of our mistakes again and again. Hopefully, we would come good next season. Manpreet Gony has had a very good season. Gurkeerat Mann also had a good season," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister