Bowlers will do better as T20 is a different format, says Yuvraj Singh
Kolkata: Veteran batsman Yuvraj Singh today defended the poor show of the Indian bowlers in the Asia Cup, citing new field restrictions as one of the reasons, but hoped for a triumphant return to form in the upcoming ICC World T20 in Bangladesh.
"Our bowlers have had a problem of restricting the opposition since five fielders inside the circle rule has come, but T20 will be a different format and I am hopeful that they will do well," Yuvraj said today on the sidelines of Punjab`s Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-final against Railways.
The all-rounder is working hard on his left-arm slow bowling and expects to contribute with the ball too.
"I have been working hard on my bowling and would like to deliver during the World Cup".
Yuvraj, who is a part of the Indian squad for the World T20, hoped that India`s power-packed batting line-up will do well at the mega event.
"We have players who can really do well in the last five to 10 overs. Myself, Mahi (Mahendra Singh Dhoni) Raina, Rohit and Virat are all capable of winning matches. We have a powerhouse of a line-up," Yuvraj told Star Sports during an interaction.
The left-hander, who will always be remembered for his six sixes off a Stuart Broad over during the inaugural edition, is expecting a "cracker of a contest" against arch-rivals Pakistan in the opening game on March 21.
"It will be great entertainment as Indo-Pak match will be a cracker of a contest," Yuvraj said.
Yuvraj was all praise for his state team skipper Harbhajan Singh, terming him a "legend in Indian cricket".
"The entire Punjab team looks upto Bhajji. Anyone who has played 100 Tests and has taken 400 plus wickets is a legend of the game," he said.
However, Yuvraj felt that the Punjab team that was thrashed by Railways today needed to improve.
"We are repeating some of our mistakes again and again. Hopefully, we would come good next season. Manpreet Gony has had a very good season. Gurkeerat Mann also had a good season," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya