Broad backs Hales to help England beat Proteas in 'must-win' T20 game
London: England limited-overs captain Stuart Broad is confident that opener Alex Hales can repeat his record-breaking maiden Twenty20 century against Sri Lanka, in their `must-win` match against South Africa in the World T20 on Saturday.
As good as England`s Hales-inspired win over Sri Lanka was, it did not make much difference to the task ahead of them with the South Africa game, which is the do-or-die match of the group.
According to the Mirror, although England will have to produce something special to secure their first back-to-back T20 wins in any tournament or series in over two years, however, Broad is confident that centurion Hales will produce another clean-hitting display, which will be a huge boost for England going into their final two group games.
Broad further said that although he has seen Hales produce similar performances on numerous occasions, he however, has not witnessed the opener doing it under the intense scrutiny of the World Cup in a must-win game.
With New Zealand set to beat the Netherlands in the afternoon, the loser of England`s game in the evening will be knocked out of the tournament, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what