Broad backs Hales to help England beat Proteas in 'must-win' T20 game
London: England limited-overs captain Stuart Broad is confident that opener Alex Hales can repeat his record-breaking maiden Twenty20 century against Sri Lanka, in their `must-win` match against South Africa in the World T20 on Saturday.
As good as England`s Hales-inspired win over Sri Lanka was, it did not make much difference to the task ahead of them with the South Africa game, which is the do-or-die match of the group.
According to the Mirror, although England will have to produce something special to secure their first back-to-back T20 wins in any tournament or series in over two years, however, Broad is confident that centurion Hales will produce another clean-hitting display, which will be a huge boost for England going into their final two group games.
Broad further said that although he has seen Hales produce similar performances on numerous occasions, he however, has not witnessed the opener doing it under the intense scrutiny of the World Cup in a must-win game.
With New Zealand set to beat the Netherlands in the afternoon, the loser of England`s game in the evening will be knocked out of the tournament, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH