Broad backs Hales to help England beat Proteas in 'must-win' T20 game
London: England limited-overs captain Stuart Broad is confident that opener Alex Hales can repeat his record-breaking maiden Twenty20 century against Sri Lanka, in their `must-win` match against South Africa in the World T20 on Saturday.
As good as England`s Hales-inspired win over Sri Lanka was, it did not make much difference to the task ahead of them with the South Africa game, which is the do-or-die match of the group.
According to the Mirror, although England will have to produce something special to secure their first back-to-back T20 wins in any tournament or series in over two years, however, Broad is confident that centurion Hales will produce another clean-hitting display, which will be a huge boost for England going into their final two group games.
Broad further said that although he has seen Hales produce similar performances on numerous occasions, he however, has not witnessed the opener doing it under the intense scrutiny of the World Cup in a must-win game.
With New Zealand set to beat the Netherlands in the afternoon, the loser of England`s game in the evening will be knocked out of the tournament, the report added
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India