Broad backs Hales to help England beat Proteas in 'must-win' T20 game
London: England limited-overs captain Stuart Broad is confident that opener Alex Hales can repeat his record-breaking maiden Twenty20 century against Sri Lanka, in their `must-win` match against South Africa in the World T20 on Saturday.
As good as England`s Hales-inspired win over Sri Lanka was, it did not make much difference to the task ahead of them with the South Africa game, which is the do-or-die match of the group.
According to the Mirror, although England will have to produce something special to secure their first back-to-back T20 wins in any tournament or series in over two years, however, Broad is confident that centurion Hales will produce another clean-hitting display, which will be a huge boost for England going into their final two group games.
Broad further said that although he has seen Hales produce similar performances on numerous occasions, he however, has not witnessed the opener doing it under the intense scrutiny of the World Cup in a must-win game.
With New Zealand set to beat the Netherlands in the afternoon, the loser of England`s game in the evening will be knocked out of the tournament, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez