Can West Indies defend their World Twenty20 title?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Dhaka: The fifth edition of the World Twenty20 is to commence from March 16 in Bangladesh where the West Indies will play to defend their title they won in 2012 after beating Sri Lanka in the final.
The West Indians are once again one of the favourites to lift the trophy as they have quite a few match-winners in their side who can change the course of the game single-handedly.
The Caribbean side has quality all-rounders in Dwayne Bravo, Darren Sammy and Dwayne Smith. Apart from that, WI have probably the best opener in the shortest format of the game – Chris Gayle. Moreover, Marlon Samules, Johnson Charles are also capable of giving the world-class bowling attack a tough time in the middle.
When it comes to their bowling attack they have the services of mystery spinner Sunil Narine, who has a lot of variations up his sleeves and even the best of the batsmen find it difficult to score runs off his bowling. Along with Narine, they have Ravi Rampaul, Andre Russell, Sheldon Cottrell and Samuel Badree in their bowling department, who can deliver when it matters the most.
So as true entertainers, one can expect that the West Indian cricketers will spread the calypso once again in the ICC`s biggest event in the shortest format of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use