Daryll Cullinan criticises Domingo, Du Plessis for Proteas` falling out in T20 World Cup
Johannesburg: Former South Africa batsman Daryll Cullinan has reportedly criticised the team`s coach Russell Domingo and captain Faf du Plessis for the squad`s exit from the ICC World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Cullinan said that it is South Africa`s 11th semi-final in a major limited-overs tournament following their loss to India in the semi-finals of the World T20 tournament.
According to Sport24, Cullinan said that South Africa has only once won a limited-overs tournament, which was the ICC Champions Trophy in 1998.
Cullinan heavily criticised Domingo and Du Plessis and said that the sooner South Africa Cricket realises that both the coach and captain will not take the team forward, the better it is.
Cullinan also accused the South African team for their flawed tactical approach and said that the team`s decision to send in AB de Villiers at number 5 to bat and to hold paceman Dale Steyn back in the bowling attack for the final overs was the reason they lost, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok