Daryll Cullinan criticises Domingo, Du Plessis for Proteas` falling out in T20 World Cup
Johannesburg: Former South Africa batsman Daryll Cullinan has reportedly criticised the team`s coach Russell Domingo and captain Faf du Plessis for the squad`s exit from the ICC World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Cullinan said that it is South Africa`s 11th semi-final in a major limited-overs tournament following their loss to India in the semi-finals of the World T20 tournament.
According to Sport24, Cullinan said that South Africa has only once won a limited-overs tournament, which was the ICC Champions Trophy in 1998.
Cullinan heavily criticised Domingo and Du Plessis and said that the sooner South Africa Cricket realises that both the coach and captain will not take the team forward, the better it is.
Cullinan also accused the South African team for their flawed tactical approach and said that the team`s decision to send in AB de Villiers at number 5 to bat and to hold paceman Dale Steyn back in the bowling attack for the final overs was the reason they lost, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed