Domingo hits back on Kepler Wessels` criticism on Proteas` World T20 fallout
Johannesburg: South Africa coach Russell Domingo has reportedly hit back on former captain Kepler Wessels criticism of the team`s tactics following their falling out in the ICC World Twenty20 in Bangladesh.
Domingo has been reportedly quick to defend himself from Wessels, who had criticised the tactics employed during South Africa`s another failure at a major ICC event and called for the current limited-overs coaches to be replaced.
Domingo said that it seems like Wessels wants his job adding that the criticism is totally unfair and one has to question the agenda of those lashing out on the team`s tactical approach, Sport24 reported.
Domingo said that whether South Africa has a structure or not, they get criticised adding that if they let a left-handed batsman bat with a right-hander then there is criticism and if they do not do it, then also there is critique.
The coach said that it is not like the ex-players did so much better, as they also failed in big tournaments making the same mistakes, but added that now the former players have a lot to say as if they are the first team that came home empty handed.
South Africa was knocked out the semi-finals of the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh by India on Friday, who won the match by six wickets, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!