Du Plessis hails win over Netherlands as `best ever` in World T20
Johannesburg: South African Twenty20 captain Faf du Plessis has said that their victory over the Netherlands was their best win at the recently completed ICC World T20 in Bangladesh.
Although South Africa lost by six wickets to India in the semi-finals of the event, however, in their match against the Dutch, they fought back manfully after it looked like the Dutch would spring a surprise at one stage.
According to Sport24, Du Plessis said that people does not realise how good it was for them to come back in the game against the Netherlands to win by six runs, adding that they were in big trouble with the Dutch on 116/4, but the bowlers were brilliant to eventually dismiss them for 139.
Stating that he is proud of his team for showing a lot of character in the tournament, Du Plessis also said that he is not disappointed that they did not win the trophy at the event, adding that it was no disgrace to lose to India in the semi-finals .
Du Plessis also said that the World T20 showed that they could produce results in the big moments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing