Du Plessis planning `key decision-making during pressure` for T20 semi-final against India
Johannesburg: South African Twenty20 captain Faf du Plessis is reportedly planning to play key moments well and make the right decisions at crucial times to have success in the World Twenty20 semi-final against India on Friday
South Africa faces another knock-out situation in an ICC event, and will be keeping it simple in search of the elusive silverware.
According to Sport24, Du Plessis said that as it will be a high pressure game against India so it would be important to play the key moments well and to make the right decisions at crucial times, if they want to come out on top in the match.
Stating that India is still regarded as `favourites` to win the event, Du Plessis however, said that although they have been almost playing like underdogs as they have not been given any chance before the tournament, however, they are playing very well as a team and not relying on a particular individual.
The report mentioned that this is the eighth head-to-head T20 international meeting between the two sides, with India winning five out of seven.
Du Plessis says the men from the sub-continent remain the favourites because of their past success at major ICC tournaments, although he believes South Africa will enter the game with a fresh mindset as they have had huge success against India before
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award