Gayle dances Gangnam Style as Windies down Oz by six wickets in World T20
Sydney: West Indies has overpowered a beleaguered Australian side in their World Twenty20 match on Friday at Dhaka by six wickets, boosted by a Chris Gayle launch pad combined with a late-hitting frenzy by captain Darren Sammy and Dwayne Bravo .
Gayle ran onto the field and starting dancing crazy Gangnam Style, like he did at the Windies` World T20 win in 2012 after Sammy smashed consecutive sixes to send the West Indies into party mode and seal an amazing win with two deliveries to spare.
According to News.com.au, although Australia looked home when young legspinner James Muirhead snared the massive wicket of Gayle, their spin fragility when batting was exposed when they lost their first six wickets to the spin trio of Sunil Narine (2-19), Samuel Badree (2-37) and Marlon Samuels (2-20).
The report mentioned that Gayle (53 off 35 balls) was blasting the ball everywhere and the West Indies were on course to chase down Australia`s total when Muirhead, replacing Brad Hogg in the side, was introduced in the 10th over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor