I want another shot at Indian batsmen in WT20: Ajmal
Karachi: Pakistan off-spinner, Saeed Ajmal wants another shot at the Indian batsmen in the ongoing World Twenty20 in Bangladesh.
"We have two more group matches to play in this tournament and they are must win matches for us if we want to qualify for the semi-finals," Ajmal said from Dhaka.
"Right now my focus is just to win these two important games. But yes I would love to have another duel with the Indian batsmen in this event," he added.
The off-spinner, who is a leading bowler in the ICC rankings in different formats, said if Pakistan were able to qualify for the semi finals he would not rule out another match with India in the tournament.
Pakistan lost to India in the group match in an one-sided encounter with Ajmal also not firing on all cylinders. But the off spinner made it clear he always enjoyed his duels with the Indian batsmen.
"Bowling in T20 format is a big challenge for a bowler anyway and against India it gets more challenging. Because the pressure and expectations of a Indo-Pak match are so much." Ajmal said that he felt no pressure being the main bowler for Pakistan or being given the crucial overs by his captain.
"Now I have become used to my role in the team. And I love to perform under this pressure because my teammates also have a lot of confidence in me," he said.
The off spinner said that pitches in Bangladesh were assisting the spinners but because of the high scoring trend by batsmen in the World T20, bowlers were always going to have a hard job on their hands.
Ajmal made it clear that like any bowler he wanted to be recognized as the best in the world but said helping his team win matches was far more important for him.
"That is why my focus is on the remaining two games. In T20 cricket anything can happen so we are focusing on being at our best when we play Bangladesh and West Indies because both teams are dangerous opponents," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes