ICC World T20: Chandimal opts out, Malinga to lead Sri Lanka in semi-final
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
Mirpur: Considering his forgettable show in the series so far, Sri Lanka T20 skipper Dinesh Chandimal decided to opt out of the crucial semi-final clash against West Indies in the ICC World Twenty20.
Sri Lanka Cricket confirmed the news through their official account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
— Sri Lanka Cricket (@OfficialSLC) April 3, 2014
Most of the Sri Lankan batsmen have struggled with the bat in the tournament so far, and Chandimal being the captain had to make the tough call, as his willow produced just 26 runs in two innings.
Chandimal also missed Sri Lanka`s final group match against the Black Caps, after he was suspended for one game due to Sri Lanka being found guilty of maintaining a slow over rate for the second time inside 12 months under his leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre