ICC World T20: Defending Champions West Indies have found their rhythm
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: They might have not started their ICC World Twenty20 campaign on a comprehensive note, but the way defending champions West Indies have performed in their last three matches, they are once again looking a formidable side.
West Indies looked clueless in their first match against India, in which they managed to put just 129 runs on the board. A side which has the likes of Chris Gayle, Dwayne Smith, Marlon Samuels, Dwayne Bravo and Darren Sammy, failed to tackle the quality Indian spin attack and couldn`t put a formidable total. India chased down the total in 19.3 overs.
But the Sammy-led side smashed Bangladesh`s inexperienced attack and scored 171 runs batting first in their second match. Samuel Badree and Krishkumar Santokie then ripped through the batting line-up and bowled out the hosts for a paltry score of 98.
The concern for the Windies was the form of their middle-order. Chris Gayle too hadn`t played a brutal innings and many wondered if they would be able to do well against the Australians.
All these thoughts were put to rest by Sammy, who played a gem of an innings lower down the order and snatched victory from the Aussies. Windies needed 57 runs to win from the last five overs and the Windies skipper along with Bravo got their side to an amazing win.
These two played crucial role in the win against Pakistan as well and now that all the key players have found their momentum, Sri Lanka will have to play their best cricket againt West Indies, if they want to reach the finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh