ICC World Twenty20: Amit Mishra spins it India`s way
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Dhaka: Amit Mishra once again proved his mettle in a high intensity match against arch-rival Pakistan, by displaying a superb spell of spin bowling which helped India to open their account with a win in their opening match of World Twenty20.
Mishra came out as the most economical bowler for India, as he gave mere twenty-two runs in his stipulated four overs.
The leg-spinner was introduced into the attack in the sixth over by skipper MS Dhoni. Mishra was right on the money from the word go as he conceded mere six runs in his first over of the innings. In his second over, he gave India a breakthrough in the form of Ahmed Shehzad who was looking dangerous. Shehzad came down the wicket to smack Mishra for a six, but he deceived the opener with his flight and spin and Dhoni dislodged the stumps within a flash. It was a wicket maiden by the right-arm spinner.
In his third over, Mishra proved a bit costly as Shoaib Malik launched him for a six to collect 13 runs from the over. But he came back strongly in his last over, which was the sixteenth over of the innings. Mishra not only took the wicket of Shoaib Malik, but also bowled an economical over in which he gave just four runs to put Pakistani batsmen under more pressure.
Mishra, who has mostly played under the shadow of Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin, proved once again that if Dhoni shows a bit more confidence in him, he can do wonders for India – regardless of the version of the game.
At the end, Mishra got the Man of the Match, which he fairly deserved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks