ICC World Twenty20: Amit Mishra spins it India`s way
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Dhaka: Amit Mishra once again proved his mettle in a high intensity match against arch-rival Pakistan, by displaying a superb spell of spin bowling which helped India to open their account with a win in their opening match of World Twenty20.
Mishra came out as the most economical bowler for India, as he gave mere twenty-two runs in his stipulated four overs.
The leg-spinner was introduced into the attack in the sixth over by skipper MS Dhoni. Mishra was right on the money from the word go as he conceded mere six runs in his first over of the innings. In his second over, he gave India a breakthrough in the form of Ahmed Shehzad who was looking dangerous. Shehzad came down the wicket to smack Mishra for a six, but he deceived the opener with his flight and spin and Dhoni dislodged the stumps within a flash. It was a wicket maiden by the right-arm spinner.
In his third over, Mishra proved a bit costly as Shoaib Malik launched him for a six to collect 13 runs from the over. But he came back strongly in his last over, which was the sixteenth over of the innings. Mishra not only took the wicket of Shoaib Malik, but also bowled an economical over in which he gave just four runs to put Pakistani batsmen under more pressure.
Mishra, who has mostly played under the shadow of Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin, proved once again that if Dhoni shows a bit more confidence in him, he can do wonders for India – regardless of the version of the game.
At the end, Mishra got the Man of the Match, which he fairly deserved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read