ICC World Twenty20: Should India drop struggling Yuvraj Singh?
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: He might have had a phenomenal T20 record for the Indian team in the past, but one of the major concerns for the Indian team in the ongoing ICC World T20 has been the form of Yuvraj Singh.
The southpaw has looked clueless in the two matches India has played so far in the series. While Yuvraj was bowled by Bilawal Bhatti off the second ball he faced against Pakistan in the first match, he looked totally out of form during his 10-run knock against West Indies, for which he consumed 19 balls. If his batting form wasn`t enough to make him nervous, Yuvraj dropped a sittter at deep midwicket off Chris Gayle`s bat in the second match.
Yuvraj bowled just one over against Pakistan in which he conceded 13 runs and didn`t bowl against West Indies. His body language on the field is evident of the fact that he is clearly struggling in all departments of the game.
Yuvraj has been one of the hardest hitters of the cricket ball in the shortest format of the game and has delivered several match-winning performances for the Indian team in the past. If he fails in another one match or so, the team management would have to seriously contemplate over other options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday