ICC World Twenty20: Should India drop struggling Yuvraj Singh?
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: He might have had a phenomenal T20 record for the Indian team in the past, but one of the major concerns for the Indian team in the ongoing ICC World T20 has been the form of Yuvraj Singh.
The southpaw has looked clueless in the two matches India has played so far in the series. While Yuvraj was bowled by Bilawal Bhatti off the second ball he faced against Pakistan in the first match, he looked totally out of form during his 10-run knock against West Indies, for which he consumed 19 balls. If his batting form wasn`t enough to make him nervous, Yuvraj dropped a sittter at deep midwicket off Chris Gayle`s bat in the second match.
Yuvraj bowled just one over against Pakistan in which he conceded 13 runs and didn`t bowl against West Indies. His body language on the field is evident of the fact that he is clearly struggling in all departments of the game.
Yuvraj has been one of the hardest hitters of the cricket ball in the shortest format of the game and has delivered several match-winning performances for the Indian team in the past. If he fails in another one match or so, the team management would have to seriously contemplate over other options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan