India topple Sri Lanka for top spot in latest ICC T20 rankings
Zee Media Bureau/Jayanta Oinam
Dubai: Thanks to their superb performance in the ongoing World Twenty20, India have climbed into the top spot in the latest rankings released by the International Cricket Council (ICC) Wednesday.
Still without a defeat, India will take on South Africa in the second semi-final of the competition on February 4. In the process, India have earned seven rating points to reach 130, same as Sri Lanka, who were topping the list. However, with ICC calculating beyond the decimal points, India replaced Sri Lanka at the top.
In the third place, are Pakistan with 120 points, followed by South Africa (119) and West Indies (115) in the fourth and fifth places respectively. Except Pakistan, all the teams in top five feature in the semi-finals of the World Twenty20 and the next release may see a new order as any of these teams can win the tournament and earn bigger points.
Australia, with 110 points lead the lower order as New Zealand (107), England (101), Ireland (85) and Bangladesh (71) complete the top ten. Other teams featured in the list are: Afghanistan, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Scotland, Kenya and Canada.
The ICC tournament in Bangladesh have witnessed 13 of these 16 ranked teams, with Associate teams from Afghanistan, Ireland and Netherlands competing with the big boys in the Super 10 stage after the qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed