Indian pacers do not `warm up` to Dawes` `Mannequin Training`
Fatullah (Bangladesh): India`s bowling coach Joe Dawes has been under-fire for quite sometime as his `out of the box` coaching methods are simply not working and there was a distinct lack of energy evident among the Indian players ahead of their opening warm-up tie against Sri Lanka on Monday.
None of the Indian bowlers practiced against the giant seven feet mannequin that was positioned on one of the centre strips at Khan Saheb Osmani Stadium here today specifically for the faster bowlers.
The red and black coloured mannequin resembled exactly Ajay Jadeja`s stance with a slight backlift when the bowler is on delivery stride.
Reportedly, the mannequin made with soft rubber has been imported from Australia (interestingly Dawes` homeland). The idea about using it during training sessions is to help the fast bowlers practise separately on a specific area, such as bowling a bouncer or a yorker or even sticking to a channel outside the off-stump.
During the two and half hour training session here this evening, not even for once did the quartet of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Varun Aaron, Mohammed Shami and Mohit Sharma seemed interested in bowling against the mannequin.
This mannequin was first brought during the tour of South Africa and within three months, but it seems the bowling unit has lost interest in this out of the box practice method.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey