Mitchell Johnson has toe ailment, T20 status in doubt
Melbourne: Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has a right toe infection and his availability for the World Twenty20 tournament is in question.
Cricket Australia said today a final decision on his inclusion in the squad is yet to be made and that his scheduled departure Sunday to Bangladesh may be delayed.
Johnson is receiving treatment in Perth for the infection, which developed from a cut following the third test against South Africa in Cape Town.
The 32-year-old Johnson led Australia`s 5-0 Ashes home whitewash of England and then the 2-1 away victory over South Africa.
CA`s chief medical officer Justin Paoloni says the 32-year-old Johnson will be monitored closely over the next two or three days "until we are happy that the infection has resolved and his toe fully recovered."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India