Mitchell Johnson has toe ailment, T20 status in doubt
Melbourne: Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has a right toe infection and his availability for the World Twenty20 tournament is in question.
Cricket Australia said today a final decision on his inclusion in the squad is yet to be made and that his scheduled departure Sunday to Bangladesh may be delayed.
Johnson is receiving treatment in Perth for the infection, which developed from a cut following the third test against South Africa in Cape Town.
The 32-year-old Johnson led Australia`s 5-0 Ashes home whitewash of England and then the 2-1 away victory over South Africa.
CA`s chief medical officer Justin Paoloni says the 32-year-old Johnson will be monitored closely over the next two or three days "until we are happy that the infection has resolved and his toe fully recovered."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth