Mitchell Johnson`s toe infection spreads to leg
Sydney: Star Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson is having further problems with an infected toe which forced him out of this month`s world Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Cricket Australia said Friday that the infection had spread to Johnson`s right leg and required further treatment.
The infection began from a cut suffered during Australia`s series-clinching third Test triumph over South Africa in Cape Town earlier this month.
"He is recovering from an infection that began in his right big toe, before affecting his right leg," CA said in a statement.
"He is being managed by a team of medical specialists.
"Depending on how quickly he recovers, Johnson`s next scheduled commitment is the 2014 Indian Premier League where he will represent Kings XI Punjab which finishes at the end of May."
Johnson`s place in the Australian T20 squad was filled by Doug Bollinger, who joined the side in Bangladesh this week ahead of Sunday`s opening game with Pakistan.
It has been an arduous few months for Johnson, who spearheaded Australia`s 5-0 Ashes Test whitewash of England and then the 2-1 victory over South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study