Mitchell Johnson`s toe infection spreads to leg
Sydney: Star Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson is having further problems with an infected toe which forced him out of this month`s world Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Cricket Australia said Friday that the infection had spread to Johnson`s right leg and required further treatment.
The infection began from a cut suffered during Australia`s series-clinching third Test triumph over South Africa in Cape Town earlier this month.
"He is recovering from an infection that began in his right big toe, before affecting his right leg," CA said in a statement.
"He is being managed by a team of medical specialists.
"Depending on how quickly he recovers, Johnson`s next scheduled commitment is the 2014 Indian Premier League where he will represent Kings XI Punjab which finishes at the end of May."
Johnson`s place in the Australian T20 squad was filled by Doug Bollinger, who joined the side in Bangladesh this week ahead of Sunday`s opening game with Pakistan.
It has been an arduous few months for Johnson, who spearheaded Australia`s 5-0 Ashes Test whitewash of England and then the 2-1 victory over South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say