Mitchell Johnson`s toe infection spreads to leg
Sydney: Star Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson is having further problems with an infected toe which forced him out of this month`s world Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Cricket Australia said Friday that the infection had spread to Johnson`s right leg and required further treatment.
The infection began from a cut suffered during Australia`s series-clinching third Test triumph over South Africa in Cape Town earlier this month.
"He is recovering from an infection that began in his right big toe, before affecting his right leg," CA said in a statement.
"He is being managed by a team of medical specialists.
"Depending on how quickly he recovers, Johnson`s next scheduled commitment is the 2014 Indian Premier League where he will represent Kings XI Punjab which finishes at the end of May."
Johnson`s place in the Australian T20 squad was filled by Doug Bollinger, who joined the side in Bangladesh this week ahead of Sunday`s opening game with Pakistan.
It has been an arduous few months for Johnson, who spearheaded Australia`s 5-0 Ashes Test whitewash of England and then the 2-1 victory over South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic