Mithali retains fifth spot in Women`s T20Is list
Dubai: India captain Mithali Raj has retained her fifth position to be the highest-placed Indian batter, while Poonam Raut and Harmanpreet Kaur also figured in the top 10 list of the latest ICC Women`s Player Rankings for T20Is issued here on Wednesday.
Mithali, with 646 points, is placed behind Meg Lanning of Australia who is heading the list with 688 points. While Harmanpreet gained two positions to be at ninth place, Poonam lost a position to be at eighth spot.
India now have three batters in the top 10 chart, the most for any team.
However, none of the Indians figure in the top-10 bowlers` list. Medium pacer Jhulan Goswami is the only one in the top 20 table.
Jhulan has lost two places to be at 17th position.
Meanwhile Sri Lanka captain Siriwardena has taken over as the number one ranked all-rounder for the first-time ever on the all-rounders` list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index