Official event song for ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 unveiled
New Delhi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the official event song for the ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 (ICC WT20).
` Char Chokka Hoi Hoi` (roughly translates to `Fours, Sixes, Fun and Games`) has been composed by renowned singer and composer Fuad Al Muktadir.
According to ICC, the song has been written by Anam Biswas and Refayat Ahmed of Grey Dhaka, the official event song is sung by Dilshad Nahar Kona, Dilshad Karim Elita, Pantha Konai, Johan Alamgir, Sanvir Huda, Badhon Sarkar Puja and Kaushik Hossain Taposh, who will perform the song throughout the tournament.
The song`s lyrics consist of Bangla and English words.
Fuad Al Muktadir , when discussing the idea behind the song, said that he wanted to make a song that really captured the mindset of cricket fans as they watch a game charged with adrenaline.
Filmmaker Ashiqur Rahman, who directed the music video, said that his main inspiration behind making the video for the ICC WT20 event song was the wish to represent the joyous and vibrant culture of Bangladesh as accurately as possible.
The official event song will be launched with university students in the three host cities (Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet) next week, with the aim of making it the most popular song among the youth in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery