Oz`s `golden oldies` in danger of losing team spots to `youth cavalry` in World T20: Report
Sydney: The `golden oldies` of Australia`s Twenty20 squad may likely be replaced by a youth cavalry to rescue their faltering World T20 campaign in Bangladesh, according to a report.
After losing to Pakistan, Australia must beat defending T20 world champions the West Indies, an in-form Indian side and hosts Bangladesh to make the finals and veteran spinner Brad Hogg and batsman Brad Hodge are now under severe pressure for their spots.
According to News.com.au, young all-rounder James Faulkner will make his comeback from knee surgery in the next game against the West Indies on Friday and could potentially edge out Hodge, who was part of a dramatic Australian batting collapse of 7-29 against Pakistan.
The report mentioned that although Faulkner is primarily a bowling all-rounder and it is possible he could play in front of one of the fast bowlers, however, his limited-overs batting form has been impressive given his Ashes performance and so he is seen as a batting finisher much like Hodge.
The report further said that Hogg also could find the axe hovering after he was ineffective with 0-29 off three overs in the opening game and dropped a catch which allowed Umar Akmal to propel Pakistan to a big total.
Young leg-spinner James Muirhead is waiting in the wings and with the sudden need to throw caution to the wind there seems no good reason not to unleash him against the West Indies, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues