Oz T20 squad `heavily guarded` by ` crack security force` in Dhaka hotel
Sydney: The Australian Twenty20 cricket squad is reportedly guarded by a crack security force, including heavily-armed rapid response guards, in their hotel in the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka ahead of their World T20 campaign.
With civil unrest and a potential terror threat in Bangladesh, organisers of the World T20 are taking no chances with most of the world`s highest-profile cricketers all gathered in one spot.
According to News.com.au, the Australian team hotel in Dhaka, where several other teams including the West Indies and Ireland are also staying, are heavily guarded by a large security contingent, including local police, armed guards and crack security officers, who have set up a perimeter outside the hotel.
The report further said that there are police stationed on each of the 11 floors of the hotel, adding that the local rapid action battalion is watching over the hotel, with bomb detection officers stopping and searching every vehicle entering the hotel grounds.
Cricket Australia ( CA) has been closely monitoring the widespread unrest in Bangladesh following a series of violence before and since January`s general election, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation