Reaching final was most pleasing: Kohli
Mirpur: ICC World Twenty20 player of the tournament Virat Kohli said that India reaching the final was the most pleasing thing for him.
Sri Lanka beat India in the final to win the World T20 for the first time after reaching the finals in the 2009 and 2012 editions.
"Congratulations to the Sri Lankan team, especially Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara. Darren Sammy was right, the god was really smiling on them. But they deserved this and played really well," said Kohli, who was the top scorer of the tournament with 319 runs.
Jayawardene and Sangakkara had said before the tournament that this would be their last game in this format.
"In the last World T20, I tried to do my bit but this time around, I tried to make the most of the good form. The most pleasing thing was that we made it to the finals. Lasith Malinga bowled very well in the last few overs. It was one of the off days. Our boys can be proud of the way we played this tournament," added Kohli, who was the top scorer in the final with 77 runs.
Kohli scored 319 runs in the tourney with a staggering average of 106.33 and four half centuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites