Team India goes `CSK way` as training jersey turns yellow
Fatullah: To put it mildly, the colour of their recent performances has been dull but that didn`t deter the BCCI from trying to add a dash of brightness ahead of Holi.
The Indian team today sported a bright canary yellow training jersey on the eve of their first warm-up match against Sri Lanka at Mirpur on Monday. A few handful present during the training session wouldn`t have certainly missed the Chennai Super Kings connect, the most famous `yellow jersey` in the country.
The front side is bright yellow while the rear part is prussian blue colour. The track pants are of light sky blue with a dash of deep blue. The ever-approachable media manager R N Baba was asked about the colour, he smiled and said, "Nothing in particular. It`s just trying to add a bit more colour to the training session. The match jersey remains the same."
But then `Doc`, as he is affectionately called by the Indian media, got one in "blockhole" when a scribe asked in jest that "India turns CSK way". But Baba, who is also a senior TNCA official, was in a mood to show that he is the father of a rising star (Baba Aparajith) and could dig it out effectively.
His answer was "Why CSK only? The back portion is Mumbai Indians and the dash of blue on the trackpants are Rajasthan Royals colour."
However, the jersey was only for the players as the support staff wore light grey coloured shirts with black splashed at the rear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest