Team India strong contender to lift World Twenty20
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Though Team India has been going through a poor form, it can still come out as a surprise package in the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20.
In the shortest format of the game, India have a few match-winners who can turn the tables single-handedly. In Twenty20, a team needs to have a bunch of smart cricketers, who can bowl, bat and should be electric on field.
In Yuvraj Singh and Ravinder Jadeja, India have two of the best all-rounder’s in the world. The inaugural champions also have the best finisher in MS Dhoni, who can tear apart the best of the bowlers in the world.
In the top and middle order too, the present team has free-flowing stroke-makers in Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina. So as far as their batting is concerned, they are certainly among the top teams. But Indian bowlers, especially seamers, have to bowl smartly to keep the batsmen guessing and they have to learn quickly from their past mistakes.
In Dhoni they have a cool and calm skipper, who reads the situation well and can come out with an out of the box idea to surprise their opponents. As the tournament is in Bangladesh, India along with other sub-continental teams will surely get an edge over the overseas teams.
So even after India’s poor patch, one can’t write-off the chances of ‘Men in Blue’ to win their second World Twenty title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India