Twiplomacy by Kevin Pietersen works at last
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Star English batsman Kevin Pietersen will soon be in India as problem regarding his visa has been sorted out within a day by the Ministry of External Affairs. On Monday night, an External Affairs Ministry official informed Pietersen that the necessary clearance regarding his visa was received from the Union Sports Ministry, paving the way for his upcoming India visit.
"Good news. Twiplomacy works!! Necessary clearance just received from Sports Ministry. Mission to grant visa soon. C u in India soon," Syed Akbaruddin, MEA`s official spokesperson tweeted which was re-tweeted by KP.
Earlier on Monday, Pietersen had taken to micro-blogging site Twitter to express his difficulties regarding procuring visa to visit India for some personal work. Pietersen tweeted that his passport has been lying with the Indian embassy in the UK for the past 10 days for a job that he claimed requires barely 24 hours.
"Trying to travel to India urgently & the Indian Embassy has had my passport for 10days for a 24hr service. Help @MEAIndia, @IndianDiplomacy?," Pietersen tweeted.
Pietersen, who has been retained by Delhi Daredevils, will be available for the entire season of the sixth edition of the cash-rich Indian Premier League. This was made possible after the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had formally announced that Pietersen will no longer be selected to play for England.
KP is likely to come to India by the end of this month as the Daredevils will be officially unveiling their new jersey for the 2014 season. Coach Gary Kirsten is also expected to attend the promotional event.
Daredevils had a horrible last season and KP was unavailable due to a knee surgery.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official