UAE exits World T20 after 21-run defeat by Ireland
Johannesburg: Debutants United Arab Emirates (UAE) have been sent crashing out of the World Twenty20 tournament on Wednesday following a 21-run defeat by Ireland, who won the Group B match in Sylhet by the Duckworth-Lewis method.
The Irish restricted their opponents to 123-6 in 20 overs before reaching 103-3 in 14.2 overs when two power failures and then rain stopped play and they were declared the winners by 21 runs using the D-L formula.
According to Sport24, it was Ireland`s second win on the trot while a second successive defeat for UAE means they are eliminated from the tournament.
The top two teams in both Group A and B will join the eight seeds in the next round, starting from March 21, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest