UAE exits World T20 after 21-run defeat by Ireland
Johannesburg: Debutants United Arab Emirates (UAE) have been sent crashing out of the World Twenty20 tournament on Wednesday following a 21-run defeat by Ireland, who won the Group B match in Sylhet by the Duckworth-Lewis method.
The Irish restricted their opponents to 123-6 in 20 overs before reaching 103-3 in 14.2 overs when two power failures and then rain stopped play and they were declared the winners by 21 runs using the D-L formula.
According to Sport24, it was Ireland`s second win on the trot while a second successive defeat for UAE means they are eliminated from the tournament.
The top two teams in both Group A and B will join the eight seeds in the next round, starting from March 21, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon