Under-19 World Cup: India set target of 222 for England
Dubai: India scored 221/8 in their 50 overs in the ICC Under-19 World Cup quarterfinal against England at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium here Saturday.
India were reeling at 24/4 in the ninth over when skipper Vijay Zol (48) played a patient 85-ball knock to take his side to safety.
The defending champions kept losing more wickets but top scorer Deepak Hooda (68) and a late surge by Sarfaraz Khan, who remained unbeaten on 52, helped India reach a respectable 200-par total.
English pacer Matthew Fisher clinched three wickets in his quota of 10 overs while Jack Winslade, Rob Sayer and Ryan Higgins took a wicket apiece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'