Virat Kohli - A synonym for consistency
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mirpur: The new run-machine of Indian cricket, Virat Kohli once again stood tall and delivered for India throughout the recently concluded ICC World Twenty20, which took place in Bangladesh.
Consistency is the word that defines the prolific Delhi lad the best. Kohli always remains in form and has been playing exceptional cricket for past few years, across all formats of the game. And the fifth-edition of the World T20 was no exception for the regular number three of India.
Out of the six innings in the tournament, Kohli scored four half-centuries. And on three occasions he remained unbeaten. All his knocks helped India to win their matches comprehensively, albeit his 77-run knock in the final, which ended up on a losing cause.
Kohli scored 36*, 54, 57*, 23, 72* and 77 in the six matches that India played in the coveted title. His best knock of the tournament, certainly came in the semi-finals against South Africa, when the 25-year old paced his innings perfectly. Kohli played a sensible knock of 72 runs off 44 balls, laced with five boundaries and two sixes. He simply tore apart the South African bowling line up to take India through to the finals.
His ability to change gears at any given point makes him a dangerous batsman in the limited over formats. However, the appetite for runs and consistency are two factors that make him standout.
Though his 77-run knock went in vain, as India lost to Sri Lanka in the final, Kohli was rewarded with Player of the Tournament for scoring 319 runs in the coveted tournament, which he simply deserves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan