World T20: Afghanistan vs Bangladesh - Statistical highlights
Mirpur: Statistical highlights of the Qualifying Group A match between Afghanistan and Bangladesh in the World T20, here on Sunday.
# Shakib Al Hasan (three for eight) has produced the second best bowling performance for Bangladesh in World T20. Shakib had recorded four for 34 vs West Indies at Johannesburg on September 13, 2007. He has become the first Bangladesh bowler to complete 15 wickets (ave 19.00) in twelve matches in World T20.
# Shakib has received his second Man of the Match award in T20Is. He had first received the award against Zimbabwe for capturing four for 21 and posting 40 at Bulawayo on May 12, 2013.
# Bangladesh`s convincing nine-wicket victory is their largest in T20Is, bettering the eight-wicket win over Netherlands at The Hague, Netherlands on July 25, 2012.
# Since winning by six wickets against West Indies on September 13, 2007, Bangladesh have recorded their first victory in World T20. Bangladesh had lost ten consecutive World T20 games in between. They enjoy success per cent of 16.66 - two victories and ten losses out of twelve played.
# Since beating New Zealand by four wickets at Fatullah (ODI) on November 3, 2013, Bangladesh have registered their first victory in international cricket.
# Afghanistan`s 72 is the lowest total by any side against Bangladesh in T20Is.
# Afghanistan (72) have posted the second lowest total in World T20. Ireland had made 68 against West Indies at Providence Stadium, Guyana on April 30, 2010. The said total is their lowest in Twenty20 Internationals, eclipsing the 80 (twice) - against England at Colombo (RPS) on September 21, 2012 and against South Africa at Bridgetown on May 5, 2010.
# Abdur Razzaq took his tally of wickets to 41 (ave.18.51) in 29 matches - the most by a Bangladeshi bowler in T20Is.
# Anamul Haque`s superb unbeaten 44 off 33 balls is his second highest in T20Is - the highest being 58 against Sri Lanka at Chittagong on February 12, 2014. The said innings is his highest score in a winning cause in T20Is.
# Mohammad Shahzad became the second batsman to be dismissed to the first ball of the match in World T20. Ireland`s William Porterfield earned the dubious distinction twice - once each against West Indies and Australia in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened