World T20 had record TV and internet viewers: Data
Mumbai: The ICC World T20 Championship that concluded in Bangladesh earlier this month has emerged as the most watched international T20 tournament ever on TV as well as the digital domain in India.
According to data provided by research agency TAM, the 2014 edition had been seen by a record 13.31 crore individuals across the country which is 23.4 per cent higher than the reach generated in the 2012 edition (In Sri Lanka) and more than 57 per cent if compared with the 2010 edition (in West Indies), a release said today.
When extrapolated to All India level, as per standard industry conversions, around 39 crore Indians watched the championship which was won by Sri Lanka. The video streaming on starsports.Com generated 2.24 crore visits, the release added.
The six matches featuring losing finalists India generated 672861 TVTs (Television Viewership in Thousands) which again is a record for any ICC World T20. The country`s matches during the 2012 edition had generated 396801 TVTs.
The TAM data is based on ICC World T20`s broadcast on SD channels Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 3 and the traction garnered on Star Sports HD 1 will be in addition to this, the release added.
The video streaming of the tournament on starsports.Com, India`s first multi-sports digital service, garnered an unprecedented traction on the digital domain, the release said.
The final between India and Sri Lanka on starsports.Com attracted a record 19.3 lakh unique individuals watching video on the destination, delivering an unprecedented 37.6 lakh visits, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!