World Twenty20: India vs Bangladesh - Statistical highlights
Mirpur: Statistical highlights of the Group 2 league match between India and Bangladesh in the ICC World Twenty20 here.
# Amit Mishra (3/26) has recorded his best bowling figures in Twenty20 Internationals, eclipsing the two for 18 against the West Indies at Dhaka on March 23, 2014.
# Amit Mishra`s tally of seven wickets at an average of 9.42 in three games is the highest for India in the present competition.
# Ravichandran Ashwin (2/15) has recorded his best bowling figures at the World Twenty20, bettering the 2 for 16 against Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) on September 30, 2012.
# Ashwin has received his first Man of the Match award in T20Is.
# Virat Kohli (57 not out) has posted his second highest score at the World Twenty20 - his highest being 78 off 61 balls against Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) on September 30, 2012.
# Kohli has posted his fourth fifty at the World T20 - his sixth in T20Is.
# India`s impressive eight-wicket win is their largest in two games against Bangladesh in T20Is, eclipsing the 25-run win at Nottingham on June 6, 2009.
# India have equalled their biggest win in terms of wickets. They had defeated Ireland at Nottingham on June 10, 2009 and Pakistan at Colombo, RPS on September 30, 2012 by similar margin.
# India have won 15 and lost eight out of 25 contested at the World T20 - success % 64.58 (Tied one and NR one).
# India have qualified for the semifinals of the World Twenty20 after defeating Bangladesh by eight wickets in a one-sided game.
# Rohit Sharma (56 off 44 balls) has posted his sixth fifty at the World Twenty20 - his seventh in T20Is.
# Rohit has recorded an impressive average of 58.55 while managing 527 in 17 innings - the highest by any batsman at the World Twenty20 (minimum qualification: ten innings).
# Rohit has recorded six fifty-plus innings at the World Twenty20 - a tally exceeded only by Chris Gayle (8) and Mahela Jayawardene (7).
# Anamul Haque (44) has equalled his highest score at the World Twenty20. He had recorded an unbeaten 44 vs Afghanistan at Dhaka on March 16, 2014.
# Mahmudullah (33 not out) has recorded his highest score against India in Twenty20 Internationals apart from posting his highest at the World Twenty20.
# Sharma and Kohli became the first Indian pair to register century partnerships twice in T20Is - both for the second wicket - 108 against West Indies at Dhaka on March 23, 2014 and 100 against Bangladesh at Dhaka on March 28, 2014.
# The aforesaid partnership is India`s first century stand against Bangladesh in T20Is.
# Overall four century stands have been recorded for India in T20Is - one each against England, Australia, West Indies and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past