World Twenty20: India will reach final if there is no play on Friday
Mirpur: With the weather forecast for Friday predicting another round of heavy rainfall here, India will be the lucky team if it eventually pours as they would then automatically advance to the final of the ICC World T20.
As per the weather forecast in Dhaka, around 70 percent chance of rain is predicted and it could again play spoilsport during the second semi-final between India and South Africa.
As per the playing conditions, even if a five-over per-side match is not possible, the team that is ranked higher in their respective group will be declared winner of the contest.
In this case it will be India as they have emerged as group champions, winning all their four matches in Group 2, while South Africa were second in their group with six points by virtue of three wins.
A dominant Sri Lanka today made it to the final for the third time knocking out defending champions West Indies by 27 runs via the Duckworth Lewis method after thundershowers stopped proceedings.
South Africa have had tragic date with rainfall some 22 years earlier in their debut in the 50-over cricket World Cup. An ugly rain-rule knocked the Proteas out of the 1992 World Cup semi-final against England when they needed 22 runs from 13 balls with rain stopping play. Once it resumed, as per new rules, they required 21 off only one ball.
Faf du Plessis would pray that he has luck on his side unlike then skipper Kepler Wessels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor