World Twenty20: Indian batting-line up still to be tested
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Dhaka: So far India have performed well above expectations of many in the World Twenty20. They have won their first two matches against bitter-rivals Pakistan and reigning champions West Indies.
In both occasions, Indian skipper MS Dhoni won the toss and elected to bowl first. Indian bowlers, especially tweakers, bowled outstandingly well and restricted the opposition within 130 runs. And as a result of that, Indian batting line up – which is their stronger area, haven`t really tested, as India chased down the paltry totals quite comfortably.
The only worrying sign that came out is the form of their swashbuckling left-hander Yuvraj Singh. Yuvraj flopped badly in both the outings. The southpaw made one and ten respectively and was totally off-colour. His confidence has certainly gone for a toss as he also missed a couple of catches, which should have been taken by his standards. If India need to win this coveted title for the second time, they would require some blistering knocks from Yuvraj.
One of the best finishers in the limited overs, MS Dhoni, haven`t got a chance to bat so far. And like Dhoni, Ravinder Jadeja and R Ashwin are also waiting for their turns to bat. Though, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma are in decent forms, lower-middle order haven`t faced a ball yet.
Dhoni is well aware of this fact. “We are playing well, so it doesn`t really matter to me that all of us should get a chance, our bowling has been tested while batting not so far. Hopefully, in the coming matches the other batsmen will get a chance,” said Dhoni, after beating West Indies in their second game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug