World Twenty20: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka - Statistical highlights
Dhaka: World Twenty20 Championship match between New Zealand and Sri Lanka here.
# Kane Williamson (42) scored 70 per cent of New Zealand`s runs in a total of 60 - the highest percentage by a batsman in T20Is, outstripping David Warner`s 65 per cent during his innings of 90 out of 137 for three against Sri Lanka at Sydney on January 26, 2013.
# Sachithra Senanayake (2/3) recorded his best bowling figures at the World Twenty20.
# James Douglas Sheahan Neesham (3/22) registered his second best bowling figures, next only to the 3 for 16 against the West Indies at Auckland on January 11, 2014.
# Trent Boult (3/20) recorded his best bowling figures in T20Is, bettering the two for 40 against England at Auckland on February 9, 2013.
# New Zealand lost by 59 runs - their third biggest defeat in terms of runs in T20Is behind the 103-run defeat to Pakistan at Christchurch on December 30, 2010 and 61-run defeat to the West Indies at Lauderhill on July 1, 2012.
# Sri Lanka`s victory is their fourth biggest in terms of runs in T20Is - their biggest against New Zealand.
# New Zealand`s 60 is their lowest total in T20Is, outstripping the 80 vs Pakistan at Christchurch on December 30, 2010.
# New Zealand`s previous lowest total against Sri Lanka was 81 at Lauderhill on May 23, 2010.
# Sri Lanka (119) have registered their lowest total against New Zealand at the World Twenty20, their fourth lowest - the lowest is 87 vs Australia at Bridgetown on May 9, 2010.
# Rangana Herath (5/3) recorded his best bowling performance in T20Is - his first instance of five wickets in an innings, eclipsing the 3 for 25 against Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) on October 4, 2012.
# Herath`s performance is the third best in T20Is - the top two being by Ajantha Mendis - 6 for 8 vs Zimbabwe at Hambantota on September 18, 2012 and 6 for 16 vs Australia at Pallekele on August 8, 2011.
# Herath produced an economy rate of 0.85 - the best by a bowler in T20Is (minimum three overs).
# Both skippers got out without scoring, providing the second instance in T20Is - the first occasion being between England vs Australia (Michael Vaughan and Ricky Ponting) at Southampton on June 13, 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31