World Twenty20: Watson creates embarrassment by not walking on being bowled
Mirpur, Bangladesh: Australia created some embarrassing moments during its thumping loss to India in a WorldT20 match on Sunday.
One of them was by all-rounder Shane Watson, who refused to walk after being bowled for one.
Watson decided to go in for a video review after being clean-bowled by pacer Mohit Sharma, reports news.com.au.
Umpires sent the decision upstairs, where it was ruled the ball had clearly hit the top of the stumps, rather than first deflecting off M.S. Dhoni`s gloves as Watson originally thought.
Watson`s return of seven runs from three matches at the tournament so far is a far cry from his efforts at the 2012 World Twenty20, when he was named player of the series after hitting 249 runs - more than any other batsman - at an average of 50 and strike rate of 150.
The other Australian player made to look foolish was Glenn Maxwell, when he lost balance, and was bowled for 23 while attempting a reverse sweep off spinner Ravi Ashwin.
Replying to India`s score of 159 for the loss of seven wickets, Australia scored a paltry 86. This was their third consecutive loss in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!