Icc t20 world cup:De Villiers ‘unfazed’ by Proteas’ ‘perennial choker’ tag
Colombo: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has claimed he is aware that his team has choked several times in the past, but added that it has learnt from their bad performances and won’t repeat them again.
"I am going to be very honest with you, and I am going to put it up straight up front, we have choked in the past and we know about it," De Villiers told reporters here.
“We have had some really bad experiences in the past. But I emphasise the word ``past``. We have come with a new look in this team and we have worked hard with our new management team that has given us a lot of energy and new ideas,” Sports24 quoted De Villiers, as saying.
“So, we will approach this tournament differently and, we like to win in pressure situations, and we are going to do exactly that. We are prepared and excited to take the field,” he added.
“So, we will approach this tournament differently and we like to win in pressure situations and we are going to do exactly that. We are prepared and excited to take the field,” he said.
South Africa failed to make the final of the 1999 World Cup in England when they tied with Australia despite needing just one run to win off the last four deliveries.
During the ICC Champions Trophy semi-final against India in Colombo in 2002, South Africa collapsed from a comfortable 192-1 to lose by 10 runs after needing just 70 more from the last 14 overs.
South Africa’s 1998 Champions Trophy win is their only major triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi