ICC Task Force likely to visit Pakistan after PCB diatribe
Islamabad: The International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Pakistan Task Team (PTT) is likely to visit Pakistan soon.
According to a daily, ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat and England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) Chairman Giles Clarke, who also heads the PTT, will almost certainly be part of any such delegation.
The development comes after the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) criticized the PTT’s report on Pakistan cricket.
The PCB had said that the PTT proposals for overhauling the sport in the troubled country were a pointless “scholarly exercise”.
The PTT had presented a report at an ICC meeting last month with 63 recommendations - including changes to governance and moves to revive matches with India.
“While the intent (of the PTT) cannot be questioned, a few discrepancies can be identified in the report, which PCB has rectified and sent to the ICC in the hope it’s taken in a positive spirit,” PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt had said in a statement.
He had also rejected a recommendation that the PCB chief should not be appointed by Pakistan’s President, who is also patron of the PCB.
“The circumstances in Pakistan are unique and cricket administration requires and deserves government support. Without government support international cricket may not return to the country,” Butt had said.
The PTT was formed to revive international tours of Pakistan, suspended after a terror attack on the Sri Lankan team in 2009, and to strengthen the game in the country which has been battered by allegations of spot-fixing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video