ICC to dump elite umpires for second-string ones if Trent Bridge howlers repeated
London: Following some questionable decisions that were taken during the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge, Aleem Dar, Kumar Dharmasena, Marais Erasmus and Tony Hill would be under the microscope and the ICC may call up the likes of Billy Bowden to replace elite panel members.
There are only four non-Australian and non-English umpires on the elite panel and they are set to officiate in all nine of the remaining Tests between the two nations over the next few months.
A report said that Bowden, who is currently on the second tier of officials, has been put on alert to be called up if needed.
ECB chief executive David Collier said that the changes had been discussed in Dubai in June, adding that another device to aid decision-making could be on the way in the shape of hi-tech bails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum