ICC to dump elite umpires for second-string ones if Trent Bridge howlers repeated
London: Following some questionable decisions that were taken during the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge, Aleem Dar, Kumar Dharmasena, Marais Erasmus and Tony Hill would be under the microscope and the ICC may call up the likes of Billy Bowden to replace elite panel members.
There are only four non-Australian and non-English umpires on the elite panel and they are set to officiate in all nine of the remaining Tests between the two nations over the next few months.
A report said that Bowden, who is currently on the second tier of officials, has been put on alert to be called up if needed.
ECB chief executive David Collier said that the changes had been discussed in Dubai in June, adding that another device to aid decision-making could be on the way in the shape of hi-tech bails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love