ICC to dump elite umpires for second-string ones if Trent Bridge howlers repeated
London: Following some questionable decisions that were taken during the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge, Aleem Dar, Kumar Dharmasena, Marais Erasmus and Tony Hill would be under the microscope and the ICC may call up the likes of Billy Bowden to replace elite panel members.
There are only four non-Australian and non-English umpires on the elite panel and they are set to officiate in all nine of the remaining Tests between the two nations over the next few months.
A report said that Bowden, who is currently on the second tier of officials, has been put on alert to be called up if needed.
ECB chief executive David Collier said that the changes had been discussed in Dubai in June, adding that another device to aid decision-making could be on the way in the shape of hi-tech bails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP