ICC World Cup 2015: India vs Ireland - Statistical highlights
Statistical highlights of the ODI match between India and Ireland in the ICC cricket World Cup here on Tuesday.
PTI| Updated: Mar 10, 2015, 23:57 PM IST
Hamilton: Statistical highlights of the ODI match between India and Ireland in the ICC cricket World Cup here on Tuesday.
- William Porterfield (67 off 93 balls) has became the first Ireland batsman to hit two fifties vs India in ODIs.
- Niall O'Brien's splendid 75 off 75 balls is the joint-highest score for Ireland against India in ODIs.
- William Porterfield had registered 75 off 104 balls at Bangalore on March 6, 2011.
- Niall O'Brien and Porterfield are the two players to register two fifties each vs India in ODIs.
- Porterfield has established an Ireland record for the highest runs' tally in ODIs - his aggregate being 2305 (ave.31.14) in 78 matches, eclipsing Kevin O'Brien's tally of 2301 (ave.32.87) in 89 matches.
- Rohit Sharma's superb 64 off 66 balls is his highest World Cup score, surpassing the 57 not out vs UAE at Perth on Feb.28, 2015. He has posted 25 fifties in ODIs - two in the World Cup.
- Rohit became the 14th Indian batsman to manage 4,000 runs or more in ODIs - his aggregate being 4033 (ave.38.77) in 132 matches.
- Dhawan and Rohit Sharma have shared a stand of 174 - India's highest opening stand in World Cups, outstripping the 163 between Ajay Jadeja and Sachin Tendulkar vs Kenya at Cuttack on February 18, 1996. The said partnership is India's highest for any wicket vs Ireland in ODIs, eclipsing the 162 (unbroken) between Gautam Gambhir and Sourav Ganguly for the second wicket at Belfast on June 23, 2007.
- The 174-run stand is India's highest for any wicket in World Cup games in New Zealand, eclipsing the 127 for the second wicket between Mohammad Azharuddin and Sachin Tendulkar vs New Zealand at Dunedin on March 12, 1992.
- Overall, six century partnerships for the first wicket have been registered for India in World Cups
- India have defeated Ireland in all three games by huge margins - by 9 wickets at Belfast on June 23, 2007; by 5 wickets at Bangalore on March 6, 2011 and by 8 wickets at Hamilton on March 10, 2015.
- India's magnificent victory with 79 balls remaining is their biggest World Cup win with balls to spare vs Ireland, susrpassing the 9-wicket win with 25 balls to spare at Belfast on June 23, 2007
- Ireland (259) have recorded their highest total against India in ODIs, surpassing the 207 at Bangalore on March 6, 2011.
- Ireland became the first nation to register 250 runs against India in World Cup 2015, surpassing the 224 by Pakistan at Adelaide on February 15
- India have dismissed their opponents in five consecutive ODIs, claiming 50 wickets - a distinction achieved by them for the first time.
- India became the second team after New Zealand to claim all 50 wickets in their first five World Cup games in the present edition.
- India, under MS Dhoni's captaincy, have won nine World Cup matches in succession between March 20, 2011 and March 10, 2015, bettering Sourav Ganguly's tally of eight between February 19, 2003 and March 20, 2003.
- Clive Lloyd, West Indian captain, had also won nine World Cup encounters in a row between June 7, 1975 and June 23, 1979. Only Ricky Ponting has won more matches in succession in World Cups - 24 between February 11, 2003 and February 25, 2011.
- Under MS Dhoni's leadership, India have won 12 matches out of 14 played (Lost one and Tied one - the most under one skipper in World Cup). Kapil had won eleven out of 15 and Azharuddin 10 out of 23.
- Paul Stirling (42) has registered his highest score vs India in ODIs. He had recorded a golden duck vs India at Bangalore on March 6, 2011
- Porterfield and Stirling were associated in a 89-run stand - Ireland's highest first-wicket partnership vs India in ODIs - their second highest for any wicket vs India behind the 113 for the third wicket between Porterfield and Niall O'Brien at Bangalore on March 6, 2011.
- The above partnership is Ireland's highest opening stand against the top eight nations in World Cups, eclipsing the 71 by the same pair vs West Indies on February 16, 2015.
- Niall O'Brien and Balbirnie were involved in a stand of 61 - Ireland's fourth-wicket partnership record vs India in ODIs.
- Mohammed Shami, with 12 wickets at 11.75 runs apiece in four games, is the leading wicket-taker for India in World Cup 2015.
- Shami, with 52 wickets at 21.36 runs apiece in 24 games, is the first bowler to complete 50 wickets in ODIs since January 2014.
- Shikhar Dhawan (100 off 85 balls) became the first Indian player to post a hundred vs Ireland. Gautam Gambhir had scored an unbeaten 80 at Belfast on June 23, 2007.
- Dhawan has become the first Indian batsman to register a World Cup hundred in New Zealand besides becoming the first Indian player to post a World Cup hundred in Australia as well as in New Zealand.
- Dhawan has got his second Man of the Match award (South Africa and Ireland) in World Cup 2015 - his fifth in ODIs.
- Shikhar Dhawan has recorded eight hundreds in ODIs - five overseas. India have won all eight ODIs when he recorded centuries.
- Dhawan's eight hundreds are the fourth highest since January 2013 in ODIs, next only to the 10 each by Hashim Amla and Kumar Sangakkara and nine by Virat Kohli.
- Dhawan has amassed 333 at an average of 66.60, including two centuries and a fifty in five matches. His tally is the highest by an Indian player in World Cup 2015.
- Only Kumar Sangakkara has aggregated more than Dhawan in this edition - 372 (ave.124,00) in five innings, including three hundreds.