ICC World Cup 2015: New Zealand v Sri Lanka, five match facts
Five match facts for Saturday`s World Cup match between New Zealand and Sri Lanka at the Hagley Oval:
Christchurch: Five match facts for Saturday`s World Cup match between New Zealand and Sri Lanka at the Hagley Oval:
- The ODI head-to-head record between these teams reads 41 wins for New Zealand and 40 for Sri Lanka (one tie).
- The Black Caps have won six of their last nine completed meetings with Sri Lanka, after losing 10 of the preceding 11 clashes to produce a result.
- Ross Taylor needs 87 runs to become the fourth player after Stephen Fleming, Nathan Astle and Brendon McCullum to score 5,000 ODI runs for New Zealand.
- Kumar Sangakkara (13,693) needs 12 runs to pass Ricky Ponting (13,704) as the second highest ODI run-scorer.
- Sangakkara (991) and Mahela Jayawardene (975) are close to joining Sanath Jayasuriya and Aravinda de Silva in scoring 1,000 World Cup runs for Sri Lanka. In total 13 players from various nations have achieved this feat so far.