ICC World Cup 2015: West Indies vs Zimbabwe - Five match facts
Five match facts for Tuesday`s World Cup Pool B game between West Indies and Zimbabwe at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
AFP| Updated: Feb 23, 2015, 17:49 PM IST
Canberra: Five match facts for Tuesday`s World Cup Pool B game between West Indies and Zimbabwe at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
- West Indies have won their last seven one-day internationals against Zimbabwe and all five of their World Cup meetings.
- Chris Gayle is the leading run-scorer in ODIs between these teams, with 1,317 runs in 28 innings. His average of 57.3 is his highest against Test-playing nation.
- Gayle averages just 14.9 in 17 ODI innings in Australia, reaching double figures only twice in his last nine innings.
- West Indies` Andre Russell (80.2%) has the highest boundary run percentage in ODIs between Test-playing nations since January 2014, minimum 100 balls faced.
- Against the United Arab Emirates, Zimbabwe batsman Brendan Taylor took his run aggregate in World Cups from 2003 onwards to 344 runs, more than any other Zimbabwe batsman.