ICC World Test Championship brand logo revealed in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: ICC`s chief executive David Richardson on Saturday announced that the pathway to the ICC World Test Championship had begun with the revealing of the event brand logo.
Speaking at the launch event here, Richardson explained the concept behind the brand icon, saying: "The ICC World Test Championship logo represents a journey that all the Test playing nations will embark upon over the next four years. It represents the global nature and the epic nature of the event."
The ICC WTC icon has been created by Bulletproof, a global agency based out of London and New York. The icon is designed to be a moving, physical, three dimensional form that can adapt and reflect its environment. Its beauty lies in its simplicity, a global icon for the future of Test cricket.
Explaining the pathway to qualification to the inaugural ICC World Test Championship that will be hosted by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2017, Richardson said: "The qualification will be through the Reliance ICC Test Team Rankings, with the qualifying period being from 1 May 2013 through to 31 December 2016."
"The top four teams at the conclusion of the qualification period will qualify for the event in 2017. The results of any Test series ending after 1 May 2013, and the results of any Test series starting before 31 December 2016, will be included in the period that determines qualification for the ICC WTC," he added.
Speaking at the event, South Africa captain Graeme Smith said: "It`s fantastic to have a pathway clearly identified for the ICC World Test Championship and to know that the top four teams will have a chance to battle it out to be crowned the ultimate champions."
Smith`s counterpart, Pakistan captain Misbah ul Haq added: "Test cricket is a journey and it`s the pinnacle of our game. It will add even more context to all the bi-lateral series that the Test sides play and ultimately gives each team a chance to be world champions in Test cricket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble