Five lowest totals defended by India in T20I
The total of 146 runs is the lowest total India has ever defended successfully in T20I.
New Delhi: India's one-run win against Bangladesh on Wednesday has all the makings of a classic match, which will be remembered for a long long time.
Among many things that transpired during the course of the match, one fascinating which prompted many to sit up and take notice was India's successful defence of a paltry total.
Yesterday's total of 146 is, indeed, the lowest India has ever defended in a T20 international. The win kept India alive in the 2016 ICC World Twenty20.
It was also the second instance that India won a T20I match by one run.
Here is a list of five lowest totals India successfully defended in T20I.
1. India 146/7, beat Bangladesh by one run at Bangalore on March 23, 2016.
2. India 152/6, beat South Africa by one run at Colombo (RPS) on October 12, 2012.
3. India 153/5, beat South Africa by 37 runs at Durban on September 20, 2007.
4. India 155/3, beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs at Pallekele on August 7, 2012.
5. India 157/5, beat Pakistan by five runs in the final of 2007 World Twenty20 final at Johannesburg