Nagpur: In the ICC World Twenty20 tournament opener, Men in Blue will take on the Black Caps at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium today.
MS Dhoni and his boys are in sublime form at the moment having won three T20I series in a row since the beginning of this year, which included the Asia Cup triumph, where the tournament was played in T20 format for the first time since its inception.
On the other hand, the Kiwis have a brilliant record against India in T20Is, something which should give them a lot of confidence going into the first match.
Here are some key stats you must know about 4 T20Is played between these two teams:
1) Out of the four times these two have met in the shortest format of the game, India have never beaten the Kiwis in a T20 international match.
2) Brendon McCullum owns the record for the highest individual score (91) by any player between the two teams.
3) Gautam Gambhir hit the first half-century against the Kiwis in T20Is in 2007.
4) Daniel Vettori is the highest wicket taker between the two teams with six wickets.
5) Total seven half-centuries have been scored by batsmen from both teams – three by Kiwis and four by the Men in Blue.