Imran Tahir makes comeback to Proteas` Test squad
Cape Town: South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir has been added to the Proteas` Test squad as cover for Robin Peterson for the first Test against Pakistan which starts at the Wanderers on Friday.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) selection convener Andrew Hudson said they are confident that Robbie will be fit to play but added that it is prudent to have a cover player for him available to take a full part in the team`s preparation this week.
The Pakistan-born leg-spinner has played 11 Test matches for the Proteas since his debut 14 months ago against Australia. The Proteas play three Tests, two T20s and five ODIs against Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister