Imran Tahir makes comeback to Proteas` Test squad
Cape Town: South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir has been added to the Proteas` Test squad as cover for Robin Peterson for the first Test against Pakistan which starts at the Wanderers on Friday.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) selection convener Andrew Hudson said they are confident that Robbie will be fit to play but added that it is prudent to have a cover player for him available to take a full part in the team`s preparation this week.
The Pakistan-born leg-spinner has played 11 Test matches for the Proteas since his debut 14 months ago against Australia. The Proteas play three Tests, two T20s and five ODIs against Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?