In-form Rohit Sharma becomes fifth batsman to score centuries in first two Test innings
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Mumbai: In-form Rohit Sharma once again created history when he slammed his second consecutive Test century and became the second Indian and fifth batman overall in cricket history to score centuries in the first two Test innings.
Lawrence Rowe, Alvin Kallicharran, Sourav Ganguly and Yasir Hameed are the other four batsmen to have achieved the feat.
Sharma achieved this feat on Day 2 of the second Test match being played between India and West Indies at the Wankhede Stadium where he remained unbeaten on 111 runs.
Rohit who scored 177 in the first Test at Eden Gardens, once again delivered his best and reached his century off just 117 balls as he changed gear after India lost their ninth wicket. When the last batsman – Mohammad Shami came to the crease, Rohit was batting on 46.
Rohit and Shami added 80 runs for the last wicket, in which the latter’s contribution was just 11 runs. But the pacer faced 29 balls and provided Rohit enough support as India took a lead of 313 runs in the first innings.
At the end of the second day’s play, West Indies were reeling at 43/3 with seven wickets in hand as India led by 270 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened