Inaugural ICC Women`s Championship to commence in August
Dubai: The inaugural ICC Women`s Championship to commence in August with a new qualification format for World Cup in 2017.
According to a media release, the championship kicks off in August and will see the top eight sides in the game lock horns in a multi-year, bilateral qualifying competition that will lead into the pinnacle event the Women`s World Cup.
Points will be awarded for each game, with the top four sides at the conclusion of the ICC Women`s Championship gaining automatic qualification to the ICC Women`s World Cup 2017, to be hosted by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
The bottom four sides will have a second chance to qualify for the marquee event through the ICC Women`s World Cup Qualifier 2017, details of which will be announced in due course.
Joined by six regional qualifiers, the bottom four will face off for the final four positions at the ICC Women`s World Cup 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai