Ind Vs Aus: Day 2, Statistical highlights
Melbourne: Statistical highlights of the second day`s play of the first cricket Test between India and Australia on Tuesday.
• Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid were associated in a third-wicket partnership of 117 - their 20th partnership of 100 or more. The pair became the first to register 20 partnerships of 100 or more in Tests - their run-aggregate is 6864 at an average of 51.22 in 140 innings.
• The above stand is Dravid`s 88th of 100 or more in Tests, extending his record.
• In the the course of his excellent innings of 68 not out, Rahul Dravid has completed his 2,000 runs against Australia - 2040 (ave 42.50) in 30 Tests. He is the third Indian player after Tendulkar (3224) and Laxman (2279) to accomplish the feat.
• Dravid`s above tally includes 23 runs in two innings for ICC World XI against Australia in October 2005.
• Dravid has also crossed his 1,000 runs against Australia in Australia, aggregating 1040 at an average of 52.00 in 13 Tests. He has become the third Indian batsman to complete 1,000 runs in Australia in Tests, joining Tendulkar (1595) and Laxman (1081).
• Dravid has reached 99 innings of fifty-plus (36 centuries and 63 fifties). The said tally is bettered only by India`s Sachin Tendulkar - 115 (51 centuries + 64 fifties).
• Virender Sehwag (67) has registered his 31st fifty in Tests - his 9th against Australia. Sehwag`s tally of fifties against Australia includes 76 for ICC World XI at Sydney in 2005-06.
• Sehwag, during his superb knock, has completed his 8,000 runs in Tests.
• Sehwag is the 23rd batsman and the fifth Indian batsman to achieve the distinctiion. The top five Indian run-getters in Tests are - Sachin Tendulkar (15,256), Rahul Dravid (13,162), Sunil Gavaskar (10,122), VVS Laxman (8626) and Virender Sehwag (8047).
• Sehwag has amassed 8,000 runs in 160 innings – the fifth quickest in Tests. Kumar Sangakkara (152), Sachin Tendulkar (154), Garry Sobers (157) and Rahul Dravid (158) are the four quickest to 8,000.
• As regards Tests taken, Sehwag`s brilliant feat of reaching 8,000 runs in 93 Tests is the fourth quickest. Kumar Sangakkara (91) and Gary Sobers (91) jointly hold a record, followed by Matthew Hayden (92), Virender Sehwag (93), Rahul Dravid (94), Brian Lara (94) and Sunil Gavaskar (95).
• Sachin Tendulkar took his runs` tally to 3224 (ave 60.83) in 32 Tests against Australia. His tally includes 11 centuries and 14 fifties.
• Tendulkar`s international aggregate of 6282 (ave 52.78) in 100 matches is the highest by any batsman against Australia - a tally not likely to be surpassed. Amongst his contemporaries, Jacques Kallis has the next best tally – 3401 (ave 36.18) in 78 matches.
• With his 73 off 98 balls, Sachin has established a world record for most half-centuries (64) in Test Cricket, bettering the tallies of Allan Border (63) and Rahul Dravid (63).
• Zaheer Khan (4/77) has registered his best bowling performance at MCG, surpassing the 4 for 94 four years ago. The said figures are his second best in Australia, behind the 5 for 95 at Brisbane in December 2003.
• With his aforesaid performance, Zaheer has completed his 50 wickets against Australia at 35.42 runs apiece in 16 Tests.
• Zaheer is the seventh Indian bowler to take 50 wickets or more against Australia. He has joined Anil Kumble (111), Harbhajan Singh (90), Kapil Dev (79), Erapalli Prasanna (57), Bishan Singh Bedi (56) and Shivlal Yadav (55).
• Sehwag enjoys an impressive record at MCG, aggregating 273 (ave 91.00) in three innings - the strike rate being 82.97 - his highest is 195 in 2003-04.
• In just eight Tests in Australia, Sehwag has totaled 900 runs at an average of 60.00, including two centuries and four fifties.
• Peter Siddle (41) has recorded his second highest score in Tests - the highest being 43 against England at Sydney in January this year.
• Siddle and Haddin put on 72 for the seventh wicket - Australia`s highest against India at MCG, eclipsing the 66 between Bright and Matthews in December 1985.
• Dhoni became the second Indian wicketkeeper after P K Sen in 1947-48 to effect four dismissals in an innings at MCG.
• Australia have managed 333 for the second time in Tests - the first occasion being against India at Bangalore in 1979. Triple nelson has been witnessed eight times in Tests – three times by Pakistan and twice by Australia and once each by West Indies, Bangladesh and South Africa.
• James Pattinson (18 not out) has recorded his highest innings in Tests, surpassing the 17 against New Zealand at Hobart in December this year.
• Ben Hilfenhaus (19) has posted his highest innings at MCG.
• Rahul Dravid (68 not out) has posted his 13th fifty against Australia - his 63rd in Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown